Sunday, March 31, 2013

Fourteen Packs = Too Many Yankees


Just found out that “Justified” is streaming for free on Amazon Prime.  Well, free if you’ve paid for Prime.  Seeing how it has been getting raves for about three years I figure it’s time to start watching. So that’s what is playing in the background while I write up this quick review.

Not only is it Easter, it’s also technically Opening Day since the Astros are taking on the Rangers tonight. Luckily I have a few days off this week so I’m sure to catch an O’s game or three. Heck with three days off in a row there is a 36% chance I’ll fly down to Tampa to watch the opening series. Let’s take a look at some flights…….$487 one way? OK, looks like I’ll be watching the game on TV. Stupid spring breakers.

Now the cards:




Justin Maxwell – One of these days I’m going to start a fantasy team with nothing but Justin’s.  I’m guessing Mr. Verlander would have to be my top pick.  I’m pretty sure Mr. Maxwell will be available later in the draft.

Gerardo Parra – Yup, don’t know him. Gotta work on my National League players this year.

Carlos Gomez – He kind of looks like a hobbit or something here.  Almost Yoda-esque.



Jon Jay – his twitter handle is @jonjayU.  Feel free to follow. There is also a twitter handle @JonJaysButt Good for him (and his posterior).

Robinson Cano – He so happy! He is also one of three Yankees I don’t despise.  He’s a free agent next year.  Who throws the money at him and do the Yankees match or beat it?

Eduardo Nunez – Ladies and Gentlemen – your opening day starter for the New York Yankees!  Good luck with that.



New Age Performers Cano – It’s a Cano Hot Pack.  Seriously, six Yankee cards in the last two packs.  What have I done to deserve this?
Clint Barmes – BARM-es or Bahrmms?  Anyone?
Alcides Escobar – Escobar is part of the young core of players in Kansas City that have some Midwest fans hoping for the future.  Will it pan out? It’ll all depend on their pitching.  It always depends on pitching.

Best Card – Cano base.  Can’t beat a good smile.
Worst Card – Barmes. Just because I don’t know how to say his last name.

No comments: