Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our First Hockey Product of the Year!

It's July, the draft is over and free agency Christmas is over. That means it's time for companies to release their upcoming product. The first notice I received in my in-box was from our friends at Panini. Their first foray into hockey with their new NHL license is 2010-11 Panini Certified.

I don't know if it's because we've only seen Upper Deck product for the past few seasons, but I am intrigued by this offering. It's not in my price range at the moment (SRP is $10.00 for a five card pack), but I will be scouring the internets for Vinny's cards.

The product slicks advertise 10 packs per box (8 boxes per case) and each box should contain the following:


 

  • 1 Autograph
  • 2 Memorabilia Cards
  • An additional Auto or Memorabilia Card
  • 1 Mirror Red Parallel
  • 4 additional parallels or inserts
  • 50 super-premium cards per box

The release date is posted as September 22nd (or roughly the same time Ilya Kovalchuck makes a decision), just in time to catch the buzz of the season is opening.

Based on what I see I like this product. It looks like Panini is coming out of the gates strong with their new license. I'm not sure if they are using sticker auto's or not. If they are, then they've done a good job of incorporating them into the design based on the examples below.


 



1 comment:

shoeboxlegends said...

Hmm...looks intriguing.