Monday, June 21, 2010

Chicago Photo 3




Sand and skyscrapers.

I like the beach. Part of the reason I bought the condo I had in Florida was because it was minutes from the beach. It was actually within biking distance, although due to my extreme laziness I never tried. In my defense the only way to the beach involved a really high bridge. My girlfriend biked it a few times and said it wasn't too bad. I don't trust her when it comes to excercise. She once made me hike 13 miles.

What was I saying? Oh yeah, I like beaches. I've been to beaches in Florida (from Pensecola to Key West), Hawaii (there are none better), Oregon (cold, but there were horses), Maryland (goin' down ne' ocean, hon!), North Carolina (I don't wanna wait, till this life is over! Yes it was the Dawson's Creek beach), and Mexico (hey it's not in the U.S.) and on Saturday I added Chicago.

All I can say is - Wow was it crowded. So that's what happens in this town when it's 80 degrees and the sun is burning bright. It was an interesting experience, looking out into Lake Michigan and then turning around and seeing the skyscrapers of the city. Folks were kicking soccer balls and throwing frisbees. There is even an in-line roller hockey rink. Meatheads roamed the beach and even the hipsters took their time off from being too cool for school to catch the rays.

My roommate keeps telling me to enjoy this weather while we have it, because it's not going to last that long. At least in the dead of winter I'll have this picture and remember the long, warm days of summer.

No comments: