Friday, March 30, 2018

Os Victory Card Number 1

After every Baltimore Orioles victory this season, I will be posting a photo of a card from my collection.  Yes, this is a blatant attempt to boost the number of posts I make this spring/summer. Yes, I will most likely not make it past 10 wins before I miss one or two.  Still, it's worth an attempt.  The cards will not have anything to do with the game itself (much like Upper Deck's Documentary series from 2008!). Some posts will be longer than others. 

Victory Number 1 - 3-2 over the Twins.



2018 Topps Opening Day Chris Davis.

The newest lead-off hitter for the Os didn't get any hits and walked once, but he only struck out once as well and saw a lot of pitches. So that's good.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Chris Davis is leading off for the O's? Oh boy.

Nice idea though, posting a card after every win. Hope you end up with about 80 this year ;)

Justin G. said...

Yeah, Davis is leading off. It's a novel approach that seems to have the fanbase split 50/50. Since the Os don't have a traditional lead-off hitter, i.e. someone with an OBP above .310, I figure, what the hell.

Planning on 77, would love to have to scramble for cards in September!

Doe M.G. said...

That is a good idea. I think I will have to come up with something similar for my blog as well.

Justin G. said...

Doe - I believe you'll have to post more cards than I will!