|Sad Messi wants more blogposts!|
I'm working on some posts to get this site up and running on a regular basis again, but for now here are some quick notes from around the Justin G. sports world.
- The NFL Draft starts tonight. Yeah, I have no clue who the Ravens are drafting nor do I care. If they drafted the resurrected corpse of Bubba Smith I would think it was a good pick. I like watching the draft coverage because Mel Kiper is so earnest when talking about the draft picks. As if it really matters in the long run.
- Speaking of resurrections - we renamed one of our cats JesusCat. I can't wait to take him to the vet and let them know of the name change. Added bonus - he'll get reminders in the mail addressed to JesusCat when it's time for us to schedule a visit. Awesome.
- The O's are in first place. Yes I'm enjoying it. Yes I know it won't last. I'm not worried where they finish in the standings, I'm more concerned with the possibility of them destroying the record for strikeouts by a team and errors by a third baseman.
- Roberto Luongo may be heading to the Lightning. Or the Maple Leafs. Or the Blackhawks.Or he might stay with the Canucks. Or he might retire and open a pizza joint.
- I just had a card-tastrophe. Went to grab a box off the shelf in my closet and a piece of paper on top of it started to slide off. So I went after the paper and dropped the box. Five-thousand cards crashed onto the ground, well some of them on the cat (not JesusCat). While I was initially upset, a part of me is excited to sort them all out again. I LOVE sorting cards.
- If you want to get a lot of page hits over the next couple of months just throw "Roberto Luongo" and "Trade" in a title.
- Two songs stuck in my head over the last two weeks. Gotye's "Someone I used to know" (pronounced goat-ee-A apparently) and fun's "We Are Young." Not sure if I like Gotye, but it's growing on me. First heard "We Are Young" at Wrestlemania where they used it to pimp the John Cena/Rock match-up. Probably would have been better for the Undertaker/HHH match. Yes, I am a dork.
- Went to my first roller derby match last weekend. Liked it, will probably write about it (sometime in the next three months).
- Three straight games for Messi not showing up..is he hurt or should we start the "Messi can't perform in a big game" articles. Whoops. Already there. Although "rendered impotent" is a bit harsh.
- Yeah, I'll go over my horrible first round picks this weekend once the first round is over.