Saturday, March 10, 2012

State of The Blog


As I mentioned in yesterday’s post there are going to be a couple of changes on this site.  Most notably, the content on the Lightning is going to go way down.  That’s because I just picked up a gig writing for The Hockey Writers, and quite frankly, I’m way too lazy to come up with original content for both sites.  I will be linking to my articles over there, so if you’re interested you’ll just have to click one more link.

I will still be doing the Lightning Card of the Week here as well as Raw Charge’s Question of the Week.  Other than that I think I’ll be getting back into writing more about baseball. I haven’t caught the spring training bug yet, but once the season starts up I’m sure I’ll have some random Orioles and Cubs opinions to spout.

Despite the lack of page views they generate, I will be posting more about boxing, both local and national.  After all both Mayweather and Pacquiao are fighting this year (sadly not against each other) so I will spout off about those boxing contests.

There will be a couple of box breaks coming up. I treated myself to a $16 box of Pacific Vanguard from Atlanta Sports Cards and Heritage should be released in the next week or so.  I’m sure there will continue to be card-related topics to talk about as the year rolls on (maybe Rally Squirrel gets a spot in Heritage? Heads will as-plode!)

I’m going to make a conscious effort to post more about this great city I live in and will bring back the Chicago photo series, maybe at some point I’ll take a picture that I actually like.

So I guess things aren’t going to change that much.  Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Nick B. said...

Congrats on the new gig.

Are you going to the show this weekend? I picked up a Connolly Young Gun as part of a lot, so it's all yours if you still need it.

Justin G. said...

I'm skipping the show - a little too much on the plate this weekend.

I do still need the Connolly, if you can set it aside we'll work something out!