Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chicago Sn-oto Number 10

 
Posted by Picasa


Yes, it's a week later, but here is a photo from SNOWMG/SNOWMAGEDDON/SNOWPOCOLYPSE 2011. Twenty inches of snow in a little less than 48 hours. It was a blast, mainly because I don't have a car and didn't have to worry about digging anything out of 4 foot snow drifts.

However, since I didn't have a car and the CTA was running I did have to go into the office Wednesday morning (in between the two heaviest periods of snow)). It was odd being in downtown Chicago during morning rush hour and seeing just a few disheartened souls.

Since only four of us showed up at the office the director let us leave at noon and I took the afternoon to head to the lake to see what it looked liked at the end of the blizzard.

This tree was brought down by the high winds. A surprising number of people were wandering around the park, some on cross country skis, some with snow shoes and others like me tramping around in boots.

I didn't think to walk down Lake Side Drive to see the abandoned cars (apparently I was the only person with a camera who didn't), by the time I thought about the chill was starting to seep through my 4 layers of clothes.

All in all it was fun,especially having spent the last 13 years in Florida, but one a year is enough for me.


BONUS PHOTO!!!!!



 
Posted by Picasa


Irish whiskey and a traveling gnome enjoy the snow outside my front window.

No comments: